Bulletin for Sunday, June 26
Matthew 8:18, 23-27
18 When [evening came] Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake.
23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
27 The men were amazed and asked, “Who is this? What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
Leader: The Word of the Lord.
Congregation: Thanks be to God.
This week’s worship.
Raleigh Rescue Mission Dinner – This Sunday
Each month, on the 4th Sunday of the month, we serve dinner at the Raleigh Rescue Mission. This is a spiritual discipline we began before even having a service at Ekklesia… We’ve been doing it for nearly six years. The act of cooking and serving food for another is a simple thing, yet it has shaped us in so many ways. It has helped us to see others as more human. It has reminded us that small acts of kindness and simple conversations go a long way to bring people joy and dignity!
In addition to all this “spiritual” stuff, it is also a ton of fun, and it helps us build community with one another… Which is spiritual too! And if you needed any more selling… WE’RE DOING BREAKFAST FOR DINNER!!!
Join us this Sunday for the 2:30-4:30 pm Cook & Prep Shift or the 4:30-6:30 pm Serve and Clean-Up shift. For more info, visit our Facebook Page.
July is Family Month at Ekklesia
July will be a fun month at Ekklesia. We will be taking the month off of Ekklesia Kids (other than the nursery) and having family friendly worship services. We’ll be shortening the sermons, singing more songs, and of course, still coloring our fun coloring sheets from our summer series An Illustrated Earth.
Additionally, each week we will have a fun, family-oriented event following church. (You don’t have to have kids to come… It’s for kids of all ages… We’re all family anyway!) Here’s what you can expect:
- July 3 – Lunch Out with Friends
- Sign up to go to lunch after church with other families and friends. It will be a great way to meet new people or get to know old ones better.
- July 10 – Community Cookout
- This day we’ll be discussing the Feeding of the 5000, so why not feed our community. We’ll break out the big grill after church and have a cookout for our church community and the community around us!
- July 17 – Lake Johnson Pool
- Did you know there is a pool right next to ADHS… Like right there… For real! Head to the pool after church for some fun in the sun with the fam!
- July 24 – Picnic (& More) at the Garden
- After church we’ll head across the street to the Well Fed Garden for a picnic as well as garden tours, a little produce picking, and more!
Mark your calendars people!!!!