Connekkt Youth Ministry!
In our youth ministry, we focus on two things: relationship with God and relationship with each other. Through this, we hope to not only prepare our students for life after our youth ministry, but to teach them to love their God and the creation that is around them. In order to make this a reality, we have a number of great activities and events that our students participate in:
- weekly class on Sunday mornings for middle and high school students where we have teaching and discussions on life topics that are relevant to them
- monthly events and activities that are fun and a great way to build friendships. Those include events like scavenger hunts, ice skating, bonfires, disc golf and others
- quarterly retreats where we disconnect a little from our busy lives and grow closer to God and each other
- our high schoolers participate in Higher Ground Adventures (www.HGcamp.com) in the summer which is full of thrills but also a place to deepen their connections and faith
- we regularly seek out service projects where we can be the hands and feet of Jesus
These are the main events for our youth, but they are not the only events. We are always trying new things and having new conversations, all while staying centered on our love for God and God’s love for us.
We take our mission statement from Luke 10:27: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.” We try to embody that in the following ways:
Growing in love and community with each other and with the church as a whole.
Practicing spiritual disciplines that will help establish a closer relationship with God.
Using our skills and resources in service to others, loving Jesus through our love of our neighbors.
Expanding our knowledge of God, Scripture, and the church traditions that have made us who we are.
If you need to know what’s going on within our Connekkt Youth Ministries, Shane Bazer has the answers! Together with Pastor CJ and a team of amazing volunteers, Shane helps teach our youth Sunday school class, co-ordinate events, and keep everybody on task. You can reach him at [email protected] If you haven’t already done so, be sure to follow us on Instagram @connekkt_youth and sign up for our Connekkt Youth Newsletter below!