Bulletin for Easter Sunday, April 21, 2019
Current Sermon / Series
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Leader: The word of the Lord.
Congregation: Thanks be to God.
This week’s worship.
This summer we are sending a team to serve with our Global Ministries partner Lemonade International in Guatemala City — a ministry we support monthly. This year, our annual trip will be August 4-10. It is ALWAYS a powerful and transformative experience, and we would love for you to go! Learn more online, or chat with Pastor Curtis or Colby Freeman (this year’s team leader).
If you’ve missed our series of Lent blog posts, catch up here. They are so good!
- Week One – Fasting Food by Katie Anderson “It feels fitting to begin this Lent …” [read more]
- Week Two – Fasting Clothing by Laura Jasmine “We tend to envision …” [read more]
- Week Three – Fasting Waste by Mick Schulte “I was so excited when Curtis & CJ …” [read more]
- Week Four – Fasting Media by Lindsay Stevenson “As we journey through Lent together …” [read more]
- Week Five – Fasting Possessions by Stephanie Capps “Growing up, there were paths through my house …” [read more]
- Week Six – Fasting Spending by Stephanie Capps “Every dollar we spend is a vote for the kind of world we want to live in …” [read more]